Bring along a sense of awe and adventure as you begin your trek into Arcadia. Because glaciers did not enter this area of the Upper Mississippi River Valley, it was left with rugged and spectacularly beautiful terrain. No matter from which direction you will be traveling, the scenery offers a panoramic view with farmsteads and homes in the rolling hills and valleys. Don't be surprised to witness eagles soaring through the sky ahead as you descend into Arcadia.
One of the best kept secrets in the State of Wisconsin is right here in Arcadia Memorial Park - Home of the Avenue of Heroes. Upon your arrival into Arcadia, you will want to allow yourself time in Memorial Park, where you can stroll the Avenue of Heroes Walk with it's 500 year timeline beginning in 1854. This display is equal to none around, with statues and memorials to all of our country's wars and conflicts in this 54 acre parcel, including the latest memorial to those who gave their lives on 9/11 in New York City.
Bring the family for a day of education and fun. You can enjoy a picnic lunch on one of the many picnic tables in the Park, a splash in the Aquatic Center or leisurely spend an afternoon with the children in the Kids Kingdom Playground.
Other activities to enjoy while visiting Arcadia are:
- Arcadia Broiler Dairy Days held from Friday through Sunday during Memorial Day Weekend
- Golfing at the Arcadia County Club, open to the public
- Camping in Schank's Park or Pietrek's Park
- Canoeing the Trempealeau River, which flows directly through Arcadia
- Biking on any of the established Trempealeau County bike tour rides
- Gift shopping
- Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at various restaurants in Arcadia
- Visit our specialty bakery and meat market
- Eagle watching on any given day